Sunday, October 31, 2010

Journal Entry 33: V.I.P.: "My Baby"

One of my friends from my exchange program knows someone who was involved in the production of a music video for one of Ghana's most famous music groups: V.I.P. She asked if I would like to join her in being a part of the video (with the promise that we wouldn't be doing anything that would harm our political careers of course). My first thought was, "Well, how many people can say they came to Ghana and did a music video?", so I told her that as long as I wasn't asked to do anything I was against, I'd join in.
I participated for two days of the filming. It was fun getting dressed up and putting on make up, but of course the long time that is involved just waiting isn't always fun. It was also very interesting to me that they wanted us to wear all white, even though they didn't tell us that ahead of time and therefore tried to get people to wear each other's clothing. Nonetheless I had a good time and didn't do anything I'd regret. The song is called "My Baby" and the video should be released soon, so look out for the light-skinned Ghanaian with the cheesy smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment