Thursday, November 25, 2010

Journal Entry 40: Happy Birthday Mommy!!


Not long after my mom’s arrival she had a birthday, so I decided to throw her a dinner party at a restaurant I know called “Chez Afrique”. She gave me permission to invite a few friends so I decided to invite a mixture of Ghanaian and International students. The dinner was a great success. My mom and cousin got to have a little taste of my social life in Ghana, and an even better taste of Ghanaian food. As taboo as it might be, I then had everyone at the table play the guessing game where they tried to guess my mother’s age. To her delight, not one answer was right. After we sung happy birthday including the “How old are you now” verse, she revealed the answer by singing, “I’m twenty-five years old”. It was a night worthwhile, and I’m glad my mother was there to celebrate her 25th birthday with me and my friends  here  in Ghana. I look forward to celebrating her 26th birthday here again in another twenty years.

1 comment: