Thursday, September 23, 2010

Journal Entry 26: Honeymoon Spot



Our  Suite (Not the best picture, but it was too big to fit everything in!)

As the group checked in at the Coconut Grove Hotel in Cape Coast, we marveled over its resort feel and beautiful suites. This was the first time I had a warm shower in Ghana. The suites were spacious, and I felt rich for a day. The bathroom was separated into two rooms, one for a shower and the other for a toilet. A sink and mirror in the middle separated the two rooms. The pool was beautiful (and I’m not even a swimmer) and the beach next to it was plenty of fun. I participated in volleyball (even though I suck), dug my friend in the sand and made him into a mermaid, and took lots of great pictures that will forever hold good memories. In the evening, as my friend and I walked down the path towards the dining area, we joked about how this would be our honeymoon spot. “You can’t even bring your boyfriend here” she said, “it has to be my husband. This is exclusive”. There was no way I could disagree. Coconut Grove Hotel in Cape Coast, I hope to see you again with “him” sometime soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment